the boys

the boys

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Who Cares? DayCares

Recently I saw a picture of my childhood babysitter, Jackie, on Facebook and I started reminiscing.  The good ol' days.  I have a few pretty clear memories of my time there.  I had to be about 5-7 years old because Allison was already born and I was in school for at least part of the time because I can remember riding the bus there in the afternoons. 

You know how it's funny the things that stick with over time?  Well that's what happened to me as I started thinking back....way back.  So here's a few that popped into my head immediately.  We, and by we I mean myself, my sister Mandi, Jackie's daughter Heather, made our own version of Olivia Newton John's "Let's Get Physical" video complete with leotards, sweatbands on our heads, and pillows stuffed in our shirts/leotards which were then removed to show off our fabulous new "physical" bodies!  So funny!  I bet Jackie loved that one! 

I also remember that Jackie had hot syrup for pancakes.  How funny is that?  What a funny thing to remember.  In my house we were straight out of the ol' Mrs. Buttersworth bottle and I was in awe of her hot syrup warmed up on the stovetop. 

Another favorite memory is listening to the Thriller record for the first time and being scared to death of the creepy laugh at the end!  Oh, and Toni Basil's "Hey Mickey, You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind!  Hey Mickey!!"  I remember singing that while jumping on Heather's bed. 

Great memories!  Being a working mother is super hard work but I know my kids are making some wonderful memories with Ellan and Heather.  I can't wait to hear their memories some day when they are grown.  But of course I had to ask them now too.... 

Justin said his favorite thing is "usually eating goodies like cookies or something. Or playing and trapping cars.  And doing pumpkins at Halloween"

Leo said his favorite thing is "when I learn new papers" meaning pre-school time.

I asked Will and of course he said his favorite part of daycare is Penny!!  In fact, just this week Justin checked with us to make sure that Penny isn't related to us so Will can marry her when they get older. 

No comments:

Post a Comment