the boys

the boys

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Me Too


Do you guys know that Meghan Trainor song, Me Too?  It’s my jam.  Love her songs.  So catchy. Every time it comes on the radio we have to immediately crank it up so I can tap my steering wheel in perfect drumbeat fashion.  I have the head bop/shoulder shimmy down perfectly.  I’ve got the rhythm.  I’ve got the moves.  I’m so white. 
I get more of a workout in listening to this song than I do in my yoga classes. 

If I could carry a tune even a little bit or had video editing capabilities I would make one of those awesome YouTube parody videos and become an Internet sensation.  But being as that I have neither of those things, I will settle for blogging. 

So every time I hear this song, I add all of my own sarcastic comments throughout.  Shocking, I know.  If you don't know it, listen to it here:




Meghan Trainor

Me too

Who’s that sexy thing I see over there?  (That’s Ryan Lochte on my TV.)

That’s me, standing in the mirror  (Mirror’s make me want to gag myself….literally)

What’s that icy thing hanging ‘round my neck?  (Probably a booger from William)

That’s gold, show me some respect, Oh Ah (No, it’s an $8 necklace from Charming Charlies)

I thank God everyday  (Indeed I do)

That I woke up feeling this way  (No, I feel this way after millions of hours and years of gymnastics)

And I can’t stop loving myself  (It’s real easy)

And I don’t need nobody else (except for my chiropractor)

If I was you, I’d want to be me too  (Who wouldn’t want to be this?)

I’d want to be me too  (Well, it’s not ALL that great)

I’d want to be me too  (yeah, I’m done being me.  Who else can I be?)

If I was you, I’d want to be me too  (ok, I have a lot to be thankful for)

I’d want to be me too  (I’m happy to be me)

I’d want to be me too  (this song is getting boring, good thing it has a good beat)

 

I walk in like a dime piece  (don’t even know what that is.  So old.  Just so old)

I go straight to VIP (nope, I’m poor.  I work in non-profit child welfare)

I never pay for my drinks  (My husband does.  Out of our joint account)

My entourage behind me.  (and in front of me, and running circles around me)

My life’s a movie, Tom Cruise (I hate that prick)

So bless me, baby Ah-Choo (stupid line in a song)

And even if they try to they can’t do it like I do (yeah, nobody has it going on quite like we do)

 

I thank God everyday (yes)

That I woke up feeling this way (with a slight hangover from a margarita.  Damn, I’m old and a lightweight)

And I can’t stop loving myself  (still working on loving myself)

And I don’t need nobody else (except the 14 people it takes to keep my carpools going to get my kids to all of the zillions of activities I insist on having them in)

If I was you, I’d want to be me too  (depending on the day)

I’d want to be me too  (I’ve got the good life going on)

I’d want to be me too  (yeah, it IS good to be me)

If I was you, I’d want to be me too  (except for those days when it’s not good to be me)

I’d want to be me too  (like last week when I totally lost my shit on the kids)

I’d want to be me too  (but I’ve got some good stuff going on….stayin’ positive!)

 

Turn the bass up.  (I don’t know where it is in my minivan)

 

Let’s Go (I’m halfway there already)

 

I thank God everyday (yup, still do)

That I woke up feeling this way (thankful no one had a nightmare or peed the bed)

And I can’t stop loving myself (stiiiiillllll workin’ on it)

And I don’t need nobody else (I do like peace and quiet)

If I was you, I’d want to be me too (Yeah, I like being me)

I’d want to be me too  (but you should just be yourself)

I’d want to be me too (seriously, quit the single white female thing)

No comments:

Post a Comment