the boys

the boys

Friday, August 5, 2011

The Real Househusband of Kansas City

We've all been there.  A little birthday celebration after a long week.  A few too many cocktails.  And then the truth comes out.   Sometimes the truth hurts.  And sometimes it's just the truth. 

In my case, I spent the better part of the 40 minute car ride home last Saturday night explaining to Jeremy how our house needs to be cleaner.  Or is it more clean?  I'm going with cleaner.  While I don't necessarily recall the conversation, per se, his recollection is that I had a bit of a rant about the dirty windows and baseboards in our home.  The truth hurts.

What is also true is that I am fortunate enough to be married to a man that not only actually listened to my drunken tirade while driving my drunk ass home, but took it to heart and went on a cleaning spree this week.  What can I say?  The man likes to clean.  (Thank you, Eva)  He takes pride in his work.  (Thank you, Kevin)

He called me three times at work on Monday to describe the specialized cleaning products that he purchased and advise me of his progress.  The minute I got off of work he called to tell me how clean the kitchen floor was and proceeded to tell me about it all the way home.  Once I arrived home he was like a child on Christmas morning.  He could barely contain himself as I walked up the stairs to see his handy work. 

That evening I actually heard him talking to himself as he reviewed his work:  "It's a good start, Jeremy.  A good start." 

Jealous yet?  It gets better.

On Tuesday, he spent all day steam cleaning our carpets.  He moved every single piece of furniture in our living room, dining room, hallway, and bedroom for a deep cleaning.  The house smelled AWESOME when I got home.

The more I think about it, I think we could slap some high heels on him, give him a boob job and some lip implants and he's got his own show: Real Househusband of Kansas City!  It would require some serious electrolysis but I think we could make it work. 

Anyway, I have decided I should get drunk and go on rants more often.  Or maybe I should just repay the favor and start on the windows......or I could do all 3.  Get drunk and go on a rant WHILE cleaning the windows.  Yup, that's my plan. 

(Bonus photo of Jeremy vacuuming with Leo in the baby sling.....which is why Leo has always called it "daddy's vacuum")   


No comments:

Post a Comment